This release is prompted by an error that comes up in SF as a result of some changes at www.WhatIsMyIP.com . SF was using their site to retrieve your external (WAN) IP address. It seems they have changed their format for displaying the IP address, which caused SF problems.
The following 3 items have been fixed/improved in this update.
- Instead of using www.WhatIsMyIP.com to determine your WAN IP, SF now uses www.dogfighting-league.com
- Fixed a problem that occurred when players were joining for a 2v2 or FoF engagement.
- Setup SF to allow players using Zerk's 3D pit to challenge against players not using his pit. (Previously, SF allowed either both players with it, or both without.)
As a result of point #3 above, you will notice that the rule list in the drop-down has changed. Competitors in the IDFL should choose the F4AF 1.0.12 Dogfighting League (allows Zerk's 3D Pit) rule set.
- Download the new EXE from here.
- Locate the folder where you installed SF previously (usually C:\Program Files\Secure Falcon )
- Replace the Secure Falcon.exe in that folder with the one contained in the ZIP.
- Update your firewall to allow the new exe version to run.
* there is no need to uninstall the version you already have. Just replace the file.